Friday, February 12, 2010

Reduction Relief Print: Decapitated Snow White/Marie Antoinette


This is the starting sketch for my reduction relief print for my print paper book class. I think it looks pretty sweet. Well anyways the print has to be cut then inked then cut again then inked in another color and then repeat etc. to get different colors. So I will have 4 colors as per the assignments requirements. Her hair will be the first layer and will be light brown, next the mushrooms and feathers will be a medium brown, the bow and lips and blood and apple will be a reddish brown and then last all the black outlines you see here will be a very dark brown. I have some elegant paper i'm printing on that is semi-victorian and im pretty excited but the cutting of the linoleum for this process is really really weird. like the layers and way you have to cut to isolate the colors during the printing process is very mathematical and planned out and my brain doesnt like to think that way, so we'll see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment